Complementing the operation of the lens, this L-series prime is also distinguished by its optical design that features four of Ultra-Low Dispersion elements to significantly reduce color fringing and chromatic aberrations as well as one aspherical element to minimize spherical aberrations and distortion. Individual elements also feature a Subwavelength Coating to suppress flare and ghosting for greater contrast and color neutrality. Additionally, a floating optical system and a rear focus design help to maintain consistent image quality throughout the focusing range, from 9.8" to infinity.
- Tilt-locking mechanism ensures the lens stays in place while shooting.
- Four Ultra-Low Dispersion elements are used to greatly reduce color fringing and chromatic aberrations in order to achieve greater clarity and color accuracy.
- One aspherical element limits distortion and spherical aberrations to realize greater sharpness and accurate rendering.
- A Sub Wavelength Coating has been applied to individual elements to control lens flare and ghosting for greater contrast and color fidelity when working in strong lighting conditions.
- Floating optical system, along with a rear focusing mechanism, maintains consistent image quality throughout the focusing range, from 9.8" to infinity.
- As a member of the esteemed L-series, this lens is sealed against dust and moisture for working in inclement environmental conditions.
- Rounded eight-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing out of focus quality that benefits the use of shallow depth of field techniques.